Guadalupe, New Mexico — also known as Ojo del Padre is a ghost town just west of San Ysidro. The town was a small community of ranchers and farmers that kept to themselves, living by their own rules. Very little is known about the town or its residents except that they had a small post office from 1940 to 1958.
The remains of their residence melts back into the dust. The metal and wood rots away slowly in the desert climate but the mud walls dissolve like salt blocks in a slow, steady drizzle, falling down around doors and windows, dropping roofs on abandoned couches and stoves.